A Cuban war veteran is trapped in his condition as a living memory of a past that has been recorded in skin and mind, with stigmas of indelible resistance. A symbol embodying how a country can produce a collective historical consciousness, leading to myopia and social paralysis. A portrait that shifts between hallucination, parody and traditionalism. (DV)
- San Sebastian Film Festival. Donostia Zinemaldia - New Directors (2018)
- DocLisboa - International Competition (2018)
- IDFA - Medium-length Documentary Competition (2018)
- Mar del Plata International Film Festival - Latin American Competition (2018)
- Entrevues Belfort est le festival international - International Feature Film (2018)
Born in 1985, he is of Italian-Argentine background and studied at the International Film and Television School of San Antonio de los Baños, Cuba (EICTV). He is an Image and Sound Designer (UBA) and has been a stage manager for rock bands and personal photographer to a minister. Para la guerra is his first film.