Crows fly around in a park shrouded in fog and mystery. Featuring lush visuals and captivating editing, this film by Christine Hürzeler creates an intimate atmosphere surrounded by strange events. A contemporary fable in which other invisible stories get hidden behind the birds. (MMF)
- Visions du Réel - International Competition (2018)
- DOK Leipzig - International Competition (2018)
- FrontDoc International Documentary Film Festival (2018)
- Pravo Ljudski Film Festival Sarajevo (2018)
- Athens International Film + Video Festival USA (2019)
Filmmaker based in Zurich. She studied social anthropology and sociology and collaborated on a range of research projects in Melbourne and Berlin. She switched from science to cinema in 2001 and has since then collaborated on a variety of cinema documentaries in research capacities, as Production Manager and Assistant Director. Her shorts have screened at international festivals such as Visions du Réel, DOK Leipzig and Molodist.
Filmography: Dawn (2002); Closing time (2004); Grandfather Never Saw the Sea (2011)